Sociology of Youth
In this textbook «Sociology of Youth» a brief history of the development of youth researches is presented; authors analyze the main concepts and approaches in youth studies. The analysis of tools, methods and practice of issues facing youth in foreign countries, as well as search for new approaches to the understanding of youth’s values on the basis of benchmarking has been made.
On the basis of conducted sociological researches the key trends shaping the life plans of young people and especially their ethnic and cultural identity are identified, the dynamics of ideological and spiritual values of youth in modern Kazakhstan is revealed.
This textbook is aimed at master and doctoral students, instructors, as well as everyone interested in the problems of modern society.
Textbook is published in authorial release.
1. YOUTH: INTRODUCTION TO MAIN NOTIONS
2. YOUTH IN WESTERN SOCIOLOGICAL TRADITION
3. GENERATION: CONCEPT AND DESCRIPTION
4. YOUTH CULTURE: DEVELOPMENT AND SEARCH FOR NEW CRITERIA OF UNIFICATION
5. YOUTH IN THE LABYRINTH OF VALUES (EMPIRICAL DATA INTERPRETATION)
1. On moods and life plans of modern Kazakhstan youth
2. Life attitude, plans and fears
3. Kazakhstan: past, present and future
4. Material status and job
5. The political mentality of Kazakhstan youth: orientation and guidelines
6. Values of life and culture of today’s youth: sociological interpretation
7. Dynamics of life values of youth in Kazakhstan
ANNEX: TEACHING MATERIAL